Dr. Shilpa Saple with her expertise and experience, is specialized in providing the following services:
Get To Know More
Taking the first steps on the path to seeing a fertility specialist may be difficult or even overwhelming for some patients. Patients are sometimes nervous about seeing a specialist because they don’t know what to expect, or they are fearful of receiving bad news. Sometimes they are anxious about discussing the details of this very personal aspect of their lives with a physician. Knowing what to expect at a consultation may offer reassurance and help alleviate some of these concerns.
IUI : Intrauterine Insemination
It is the placement of motile concentrated sperms into the uterus after processing with media ,around the time of ovulation of the wife . We offer a variety of sperm preparation methods which can be done in wife’s natural or stimulated cycle .
Who is it for ?
- Male subfertility
- Difficulty in vaginal intercourse
- If couple wishes for Donor sperm
IVF : In Vitro Fertilisation
In IVF , fertilization of wife’s eggs and husband’s sperm is done outside the body, in the laboratory. The woman is given medications to stimulate the ovary to produce about 8-10 eggs. These are retrieved transvaginally by an ultrasound guided procedure under anesthesia. Husband’s semen is processed and good motile sperms are incubated alongside the eggs in an incubator. The resulting embryos are transferred in cleavage stage (Day3) or blastocyst stage (Day 5) depending on the numbers and grading of the embryos. Extra embryos are preserved by freezing (vitrification).
Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
ICSI is a process where a single sperm is injected directly into the egg under high magnification using a micromanipulator machine. The main objective of ICSI is to improve the chances of fertilisation. The earlier part of treatment involving ovarian stimulation and egg retrieval are the same as in IVF.
Who is it for?
- It is the classic treatment for Male fertility issues like low sperm count, surgically obtained sperm(TESA,PESA) and abnormal sperms.
- Previous fertilisation failures with IVF.
- Elderly patients and those with female having low egg reserve.
- Fertilisation of previously vitrified (frozen)oocytes.
Cryopreservation / Vitrification: Oocyte, Sperms, Embryos
Vitrification is a process of preservation of oocytes (egg), or embryos by treating them with cryoprotectants and submerging them in liquid nitrogen at a temperature of -196°C. The advantage of this procedure is that no ice crystals are allowed to form, which can damage the oocytes /embryos and instead a glass like bead is formed with no disturbance in cell structure . Vitrification has very high survival rate of cells and delivers excellent clinical results.
When shoulf you do this ?
- Becoming a mother after receiving cancer therapy. The vitrification of oocytes is today the most viable option for the preservation of fertility in women who require chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatments.
- Postponing motherhood it allows a women’s reproductive capacity to be postponed for as long as she wants, with the same possibilities as at the point when the oocytes are vitrified.
- Creation of an Oocyte Bank. This reduces waiting lists for treatment with oocyte donation, guarantees immediate availability and offers the same gestation possibilities as with fresh oocyte donation.
- Embryo freezing is carried out electively in IVF cases to improve cycle outcomes , also extra embryos post transfer can also be frozen for future use.
- Semen freezing can be done when husband is not available for sample on the day of wife’s egg collection or as fertility preservation in cancer patients.
Blastocyst (Day 5 embryo) is the natural stage of embryo which gets implanted in a natural conception .So, instead of a Day 2 or 3 transfer if we grow the embryo to a blastocyst stage, its implantation potential is much higher .At Surya fertility we routinely plan Blastocyst transfer for better outcomes.
A longer time in culture provides an opportunity to conduct Preimplantation Genetic Screening (PGS) or Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) to check for chromosomal and genetic abnormalities.
Laser Assisted Hatching
Laser Assisted Hatching is a procedure used along with IVF-ICSI to improve the embryo’s chances of implantation. The principal concept behind this procedure is to assist the embryo’s escape from the outer shell, so that it can implant onto the mother’s uterine wall.
Who is it for?
- Women with poor quality of embryo, advanced age or thick zona (outer shell of embryo).
Hysteroscopic and Laparoscopic
We provide a range of Hysteroscopic and Laparoscopic procedures for diagnostic as well as therapeutic use for infertile patients with the latest HD camera system . Procedures such as hysteroscopic polyp, fibroid, adhesions as well as Laparoscopic treatment of cysts , endometriosis, fibroids , tubal surgeries are carried out .
Get In Touch.
Connect Now To Know More.